Pages

09 May 2009

Currency Fluctuations

This is an old joke that I hadn't thought about for years. However, since being in Vietnam I think of the punchline often ... and mumble it to myself as I walk away from a taxi/restaurant/supermarket/banana vendor. 

I use it to compensate for many of my underperforming social assets.

A Chinese man walks into the currency exchange in New York with 1000 yuan and walks out with $72. 

The following week he walks in with 1000 yuan and is handed $66. 

So he asks the lady why he is getting less money this week than last week.

"It's currency fluctuations.", she says.

"Sorry? What was that?", he asks.

Realising that his English is rough around the edges, she repeats slowly and more loudly, "Fluc-tu-ations.". 

At this point the man becomes incensed and responds, "Then fuck you Americans too!".

1 comment:

BUSIR said...

Made me laugh!!!When I was in London (50 years ago)I pronounced :bath instead of bus!!!Y.S