Pages

23 July 2009

Off the shelf

I bought 100 valiums at the pharmacy this evening. 4 people assisted me in the purchase, with 2 more supervising from a 3 metre distance.

After I nauseated at the herbal remedies on offer (Valerian and Melatonin are for amateurs) they brought me to the pharmacist. 3 of my assistants stayed around to help watch.

The pharmacist went out the back, grabbed a bottle and returned.

"This will work." She said. It was a bottle of Valium. My heart lept.

"What is this feeling?" I asked myself.

"Must be love," I told myself.

My seasoned eyes checked the label. It was 2mg.

"Do you have 5mg?"

"All sold out. But I'll get you some generic Diazepam, 5mg."

She returned with a tray of 10 Stesolid tablets, whose primary ingredient was clearly listed as Diazepam.

I nodded approval and she up-sold me a box of 100.

I'm starting to warm to Jakarta.

I think Jakarta is starting to warm to me.

When I got back to the hotel I took 2.

As an afterthought, I thought I'd check the drug in Google and see it was OK. Here is the first result:

"Stesolid is a rectal brand of diazepam ..." (See for yourself.)

Oh.

... dear.

3 comments:

La Reina de las Lineas Longas said...

Oh, this is going to be good....

Anonymous said...

you've hit the jackpot... shelve those babies and they'll come faster and harder than ever!
peter (who else?)

SinBBQ said...

why can't you use your name then pete?