Pages

01 April 2010

More Email Wars

Then this, from the CFO:

Anthony,

I realize from the email below you have concerns. Today is my last day and it is also quarter end so I am probably not going to be able to deal with this matter fully today.

The recent change made in no longer making payments to employees in USD I understood it to be only affecting a small number of transactions like mobile phone allowances for a few people. If I understand your email below it seems that you were receiving some additional payments in US dollars. I need to get HR and Treasury to establish the facts and address the questions below and we will come back to you.

Will come back to you on this as soon as possible.

Regards,

His first sentence cracks me up. I think I was pretty clear in my other communications that I was talking about my pay, not my phone allowance. I imagine him in his tunnel: it is already very well lit, but he is still walking down it searching for more light at the end.

Selective amnesia is the birthplace of changed policies. Everyone needs an "Oh really? I had no idea. That changes everything" clause to cling onto and I hope this one is his.

1 comment:

La Reina de las Lineas Longas said...

We need an upddate on this? Did our hero prevail and get paid in Dollars or did he once again, get Donged?