Pages

08 April 2009

Je te plumerai la tête

This was carefully selected from last weekend's lunch menu. It was listed as "Roast Pigeon", so I assumed would be like in Egypt, where they stuff it with rice and it looks like a kind of roulade.


Presentation is everything with this dish.

I think it's a lovely touch to deep fry the pigeon's head and perch it atop its dismembered carcass.

Having now been through this ordeal, I can tell you it's a lot more difficult to remove the head from the neck. I have a new-found respect for Al-Quaeda.

Of course, by the end of the meal, the plate tells a different story:


There is something quite disconcerting about the pigeon's head lying there, at the top of the plate, contemplating its own remains ...

4 comments:

pedro said...

i can't believe you ordered and ate that... is it really your plate?

pedro said...

f*cken finally can post again

SinBBQ said...

No. My colleague. Are you mad? I only ever ate pigeon once in Egypt and at least they had the sense to stuff it with rice.

alexandra s.m. said...

Maybe it's like with lobsters and the BEST part is the HEAD?...just kiddin'

xox