Pages

01 May 2009

Warning Signs


This is the first page of the menu from one of Hanoi's best restaurants. Bobby Chin is supposed to be Vietnam's Jamie Oliver. The food is fantastic but many other things in the restaurant are out of whack for a fine dining experience. For example, we sat next to a large military-style painting which showed someone in the middle of snapping the neck of a blindfolded soldier. I think Bobby is paying too many people to laugh at his jokes: his menu wording is just plain silly.


Next up, this sign sits beside the cash register at my local supermarket. If you want to pay by credit card, you need to play a little bit of Vietnamese Deal or No Deal.


This from the third floor of a bar on Truc Bach lake. I think it's pretty clear what they expect to happen in the toilet.



3 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

priceless!

xox

Lisa said...

Well I think Bobby Chinn is actually very funny thankyouverymuch, and if I was his friend he wouldn't have to pay me. Saying "cock" is always funny. I think.

SinBBQ said...

Look around at your 4 children and have another little think.