Pages

17 May 2009

Water Sports

Last week I noticed that my washing machine had a small leak. I reported it to the building maintenance who said they would fix it that day.

After being away for 6 days, today I returned home to find an envelope on my coffee table. Inside was this written warning:


I put a load or washing on last Sunday before I left for the airport. Clearly it leaked on the floor and the cleaners discovered it on Monday.

It seems that the cleaners have also turned on me: flowers are dead in the vase and not replaced, my washing  had been dried but was in a crumpled heap on the bed, the dishes were still in water in the sink, the bed wasn't "tarted up" in the way it's normally done during the cleaning and the dishwasher was not emptied. I have no objections to doing these things ... except that I am paying a sizeable rent to include such luxuries.

I went to the reception desk to complain to the note writer and she couldn't understand. She actually smiled and said "Yes too much water in your apartment". I have already learnt that people find email easier to understand. Careful not to create written evidence that will never be forgiven, I wrote her the following:

Hi Anh

I have been in Malaysia for the last week. 

When I returned today I saw a note from your regarding water problems in the apartment. 

This was not me.

Maybe there is a problem with water leaking from the washing machine or the pipes somewhere. 

Also, when I was away last week I am not sure if the cleaning was done? When I came back the dishes were not done, the dishwasher was full, the clothes were dry on the bed and not folded, the flowers were dead, the bedroom was not made up. 

Did your cleaners think I had gone away and was not coming back? Please look into this.


Dead man walking.

1 comment:

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi there Tony!
You must feel so frustrated!
Your posts are still making me laugh though!
xox