Pages

07 July 2011

Algunas Fotos Recientes - Los Cansados

This city doesn't need Ramadan to fall into a state of constant sleep deprivation.

Minimart downstairs from my apartment building

I am very familiar with the storeroom at the back of my minimart and often help the staff rifle around for a fresh case of soda water. 

Yesterday this was sticking out from the door. The storeroom is usually jam packed, so Sleeping Beauty must have removed those boxes to make room, or become bored during a soda water hunt.


That'll do," he said as he nestled down into his makeshift swag.


Business Meeting, Plaza Indonesia, 5 June 2011

Good to see that I'm not the only boss that this happens to.

The boss (centre back, grey shirt) is giving a speech to his 25 staff. None of them is paying attention to him. Not one.

Look closely you will see that most are punching away at their Blackberries. The remainder are either staring off into space or cradling their chins in their hands with their eyes closed.


This is very common in my office as well: where attendance, not attention, is the main game.

In my meetings, if I see that ALL people are tuning out at the same time I keep myself interested by maintaining the same tone of voice but adding nonsense into my sentences, like "So for next quarter our focus is blue potatoes going to be delivery excellence."



Jakarta, Plaza Indonesia, most mornings

Nearly every morning I see this chick taking a nap with her motorbike helmet beside her. I guess she's too junior to be trusted with the keys.

In a couple more years she will get promoted and sleep inside in a little bed fashioned from the clothes on the discount rack.


1 comment:

Cheesel said...

Reminds me of when Flint said he counted Pete's teeth during the lectures..